MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Related:
lickmycrinkle
4/28/2024 8:32am

Vivid comes aftermarket with extra white stickers in the box (with silvery ones already stuck on), which match the size of what's stuck to the piggy there, because the Vivid piggy isn't branded as such.

That being said, the 23 coil and Vivid piggies are literally identical (as is the SDU Air), the 23 SDU coil has more in common with the Vivid than it does it's namesake.

Probably just trolling us.

4/28/2024 8:59am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2024 9:00am
Primoz wrote:

Wouldn't that be a piston feature? 

Yes it is. It has a bypass check valve on the piston in between 2 glide rings along with a shock body that's machined so at full extension only one glide ring is engaged to allow the bypass to work.

bulletbass man
Fantasy
348th
4/28/2024 9:06am
Not really a tech rumour, but quite interesting nonetheless  

Not really a tech rumour, but quite interesting nonetheless Woohoo 

Quality pic of the Yoshi clipless

dolface
Fantasy
1907th
4/28/2024 11:24am
TimBud wrote:

Why have you hidden the fact that that’s a dakotah post?

dolface wrote:

Pretty sure those bars make it absolutely clear who's post it is, but here's the link if there's any remaining doubt:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/daknorton/3355595831867180463/

chriskief wrote:
Not sure I'm buying this setup... his mechanic could have been messing with him. But seeing Dak race those bars would be almost as good as...

Not sure I'm buying this setup... his mechanic could have been messing with him.

But seeing Dak race those bars would be almost as good as the shorts bounty.

I think he's gonna race them...

Fred_Pop
4/28/2024 11:47am
dolface wrote:

Pretty sure those bars make it absolutely clear who's post it is, but here's the link if there's any remaining doubt:

chriskief wrote:
Not sure I'm buying this setup... his mechanic could have been messing with him. But seeing Dak race those bars would be almost as good as...

Not sure I'm buying this setup... his mechanic could have been messing with him.

dolface wrote:

Dakota mentioned in this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9qzKrRQ77Y&ab_channel=VitalMTBt that he was getting some custom on-off riser bars. 

SteveClimber
Fantasy
122nd
4/28/2024 2:08pm

I’m just bummed it’s missing a crossbar and pad

And the obligatory Stack-Norton model name on it 

Eoin
Fantasy
248th
4/28/2024 2:15pm

I just installed 60mm risers on my DJ yesterday, those monsters look wayyy taller, so my bet is 11cm

chriskief
Fantasy
441st
4/28/2024 4:08pm

I’m just bummed it’s missing a crossbar and pad

And the obligatory Stack-Norton model name on it 

Trying to figure out where the Bluetooth speaker goes since that bike doesn’t have a water bottle cage Evil

Never change Dak. We’re rooting for ya this weekend!!

4/28/2024 5:22pm
chriskief wrote:

dolface wrote:

Fred_Pop wrote:

Dakota mentioned in this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9qzKrRQ77Y&ab_channel=VitalMTBt that he was getting some custom on-off riser bars. 

Dak said, “tryin’ to git the 50’s”. So that would make sense he wants a 50mm bar.

4/28/2024 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2024 5:28pm

Does it looks like like oval chainstay is on Amaury’s frame compared to rectangle? Also an axle mount to chainstay option vs stock is mounted to seatstay.

boozed
4/28/2024 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2024 6:01pm
Does it looks like like oval chainstay is on Amaury’s frame compared to rectangle? Also an axle mount to chainstay option vs stock is mounted to...

Does it looks like like oval chainstay is on Amaury’s frame compared to rectangle? Also an axle mount to chainstay option vs stock is mounted to seatstay.

Are these all recent photos?  What's the third image with the seat stay pivot, a prototype Supreme V5?

4/28/2024 6:14pm
Does it looks like like oval chainstay is on Amaury’s frame compared to rectangle? Also an axle mount to chainstay option vs stock is mounted to...

boozed wrote:

Are these all recent photos?  What's the third image with the seat stay pivot, a prototype Supreme V5?

First photo with round/oval chainstay was posted today by Amaury.

Middle is a team photo from last year with stock chainstay.

Bottom photo of chainstay mounted axle is from last year.

sspomer
Fantasy
35th
4/28/2024 7:07pm

#nonTech - i'll only spam this thread once, but Vital Downhill Fantasy kicks off this week and since some of you brake-pad-ticklers never leave this forum topic, figured i'd post it here, so you have a chance to win prizes to take apart and critique in here : )

https://www.vitalmtb.com/fantasy

(psssst...i love that you're all brake-pad-ticklers! it's made me want to tickle my own pads).

4/28/2024 11:04pm

boozed wrote:

First photo with round/oval chainstay was posted today by Amaury. Middle is a team photo from last year with stock chainstay. Bottom photo of chainstay mounted...

First photo with round/oval chainstay was posted today by Amaury.

Middle is a team photo from last year with stock chainstay.

Bottom photo of chainstay mounted axle is from last year.

That chainstay does look crazy thin. It seems like they're fighting for every bit of traction for Ft. William, looking for more lateral flex.

4/29/2024 5:09am

I was out at the Scottish National Champs this weekend and spotted Joe Connell on a prototype Privateer DH bike. Looks like a custom link? 

ARonBurgundy
Fantasy
2840th
4/29/2024 7:38am
dolface wrote:

chriskief wrote:

dolface wrote:

Stack-otah's Mondraker Raze set up for Sea Otter dual slalom. The paint job on this thing was incredible. And bars so high he had to file a flight plan. 

IanP161
Fantasy
2542nd
4/29/2024 7:53am
I was out at the Scottish National Champs this weekend and spotted Joe Connell on a prototype Privateer DH bike. Looks like a custom link? 

Privateer have said its running 200 front and rear.  I asked what the shock size was and was told  "This is a stock 205x60 shock. Out of the box the Gen 2 can run 174mm with the standard link and shock (just a spacer needs to be removed from the standard shock) and we expect this is how Joe will race many UK rounds. But for EU races we might play with some new ideas but all based on the stock 161 chassis"

4/29/2024 9:17am

If you're using an oval with an idler pulley, doesn't the "clock" of the oval chainring have to be changed?

dknapton
4/29/2024 9:23am

YT just sent an email out about new Tues. Said the old one isn't coming back (was on email list for restock) and that a new one is launching on May 2nd. Also included a dark picture of new one and it basically looks just like old one but more modern. 

Primoz
Fantasy
383rd
4/29/2024 9:26am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2024 9:27am

If you're using an oval with an idler pulley, doesn't the "clock" of the oval chainring have to be changed?

Yes. So much yes. That also more or less makes it bike specific as the clocking will be dependant on the incoming angle (clock) of the chain coming onto the ring.

4/29/2024 10:10am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2024 10:12am

Interesting take, you’re probably right. I have been riding a 36T Oval on my Supreme for two years (with and without a lower pulley too) and never thought about that.

But also never noticed it in a negative way that the clocking might be off-set (got an oval on my enduro too)

4/29/2024 10:45am
dknapton wrote:
YT just sent an email out about new Tues. Said the old one isn't coming back (was on email list for restock) and that a new...

YT just sent an email out about new Tues. Said the old one isn't coming back (was on email list for restock) and that a new one is launching on May 2nd. Also included a dark picture of new one and it basically looks just like old one but more modern. 

Can you post photo?

Losifer
Fantasy
1056th
4/29/2024 10:53am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2024 11:40am

Chris Canfield has a new company coming, Vampire Bikes. Appears to be a steel front triangle, alloy rear. He said that it will be DH/"super enduro", not unlike the Canfield ONE.2

4/29/2024 11:02am
Losifer wrote:
Chris Canfield has a new company coming, Vampire Bikes. Appears to be a steel front triangle, alloy rear. He said that it will be DH/"super enduro"...

Chris Canfield has a new company coming, Vampire Bikes. Appears to be a steel front triangle, alloy rear. He said that it will be DH/"super enduro", not unlike the Canfield ONE.2

so edgy 

4/29/2024 11:17am
Losifer wrote:
Chris Canfield has a new company coming, Vampire Bikes. Appears to be a steel front triangle, alloy rear. He said that it will be DH/"super enduro"...

image 403ing for me (forbidden) 

Losifer
Fantasy
1056th
4/29/2024 11:41am
Losifer wrote:

image 403ing for me (forbidden) 

Got ya taken care of.

Simcik
4/29/2024 11:56am
Losifer wrote:

I believe it utilizes two different patented (one may be patent pending) suspension designs, CBF and another. Not a traditional CBF as it does have a pivot in front of the rear axle where the CBF bikes do not have any pivots in the rear triangle. Guessing it will pedal quite well with the instant center staying on top of the chain ring. Post some more stuff Chris!

Post a reply to: MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

The Latest